NOTE: This is our first guest post from travel writer Amanda Waltman. We hope you enjoy it.
Fall is here and while the weather in Texas is a wonder all it’s own, there are plenty of places to visit and things to do to get you in the fall spirit! Take a look at some of the best pumpkin patches in Texas! From hayrides, mazes and fishing to live music and good food, these pumpkin patches have it all. And while Halloween may be over this weekend, pumpkin patches go well into November.
Barton Hill Farms, Bastrop, TX
Photos: Barton Hill Farms Facebook
- When: September 26-November 8, Saturday & Sunday
- What: Boasting the most scenic pumpkin patch in Texas, the family photo ops are everywhere! Pick & paint pumpkins, find your way through the Great Pumpkin Maze and visit the farm animals. After you’ve done it all, grab a picnic blanket, some Texas BBQ, kennel corn and enjoy some live Texas Country and Bluegrass music!
Sweet Berry Farm, Marble Falls, TX
Photos: Sweet Berry Farm Facebook
- When: September 26-November 8, Everyday except Wednesday.
- What: Sweet memories are sure to be made at Sweet Berry Farm! After you find the perfect pumpkin, enjoy some homemade pumpkin pie ice cream, go for a hayride or let the kiddos traverse the farm in the Express Barrel Train. Work your way through a Texas-sized & shaped maze and on weekends go for a horse ride and enjoy some grub at The Pumpkin Grille.
Love Creek Orchards, Medina, TX
Photos: Love Creek Orchard Facebook
- When: Every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in October.
- What: Love Creek is celebrating 20 years as one of the best pumpkin patches around! Go for a hay, pony or train ride, have your face painted, paint a mural or pumpkin, listen to live music or be a part of the symphony, and while you are there don’t forget to tour their famous apple orchard and learn all about the Texas Apple Industry. Afterwards head on over to The Apple Store where you will discover why Texas Monthly declared their apple pie to be “The Best Apple Pie in Texas” or pop into The Apple Store’s Patio Cafe to enjoy a meal from one of the “Best 40 Small Town Cafes in Texas”.
Devine Acres Farm, Devine, TX
Photos: Divine Acre Farms Facebook
- When: October 3-November 1, Saturday & Sunday
- What: A trip to Devine Acre Farms is not for the faint of heart! With a plethora of different activities available, the family is sure to have a fun-filled day. From hayrides, to sack races, games of volleyball, horseshoes and washers, mazes, trike derby and family catch-and-release fishing, you’ll never run out of things to do!
At’l Do Farms, Lubbock, TX
Photos: At’l Do Farms Facebook
- When: September 19-November 14, Tuesday-Sunday
- What: Visiting this pumpkin patch is like stepping into a story book. Take a hayride to the pumpkin patch before exploring the giant maze, or Fairy Tale Trail with the kiddos.Then grab a bag of caramel corn and some hot chocolate and take a hayride to Pumpkin Hollow at dusk where over 150 carved pumpkins are illuminated revealing different Disney characters, Famous people, Peanut Characters and other Halloween themed scenes!
NOTE: Amanda found some awesome additions to last year’s list. If you need more suggestions, check it out here - http://thedaytripper.com/2014/10/17/fall-festivals-and-pumpkin-patches/